Nov 12, 2009

Hitting the right spot with men's cards

Hi Everyone,

I don't know about you, but I'm nearly always stumped when it comes to men's cards... I just find them challenging as you can't do flowers and make it pretty lol :)

Well in an attempt to overcome this problem I pulled out my Seeing Spots stamp set from the cupboard and made this men's card some time ago... I actually demonstrated it at a recent workshop as part of a focus on layering your card to add extra 'ooomph' and on this card its simply by adding the 3 big spots punched out with the 1.25" punch, raising the centre one on a dimensional and then stamping the background spots on vellum. Easy ways to add extra but without making it girly and just using a simple layout with no fuss.





 Thanks for looking,


2 comments:

  1. I love the monochromatic color scheme you have used. Men's cards always prove a little difficult, but I believe this is partly due to the limited supply of male stamps in the industry. I like how you have done the circles, it looks great:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Court, the colours were simply SU Pacific Point & Whisper White. I loved Pacific Point when I first saw it, but have hardly used it! I've been challenging myself to use different colours lately and I've been really happy with the results :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It's always good to receive some feedback on my creations!