Jun 24, 2010

Emily's Birthday Invites & Card

Hi Everyone,


Yesterday was my youngest daughter Emily's 2nd b'day and I thought I'd show you the invites that were sent out for her party.





Materials Used:
Stamp Set: Pony Party & On Your Birthday
Cardstock: Whisper White, Green Galore, Pink Passion
Stampin' Write Markers: Orchid Opulence, Pink Passion, Green Galore & Yoyo Yellow
Ink: Black Staz-on & Pink Passion
Big Shot & Top Note die


And this is the card I made for her... I picked the colours from the Just Add Ink Challenge last week, but then but I missed the deadline as I was dead on my feet last night after having a party and then the clean up so I needed an early night and forgot to post the pic... Silly me! Fancy washing dishes instead of stamping and blogging!


The JAI Challenge was to use these colours:


I created the background by punching a couple of scallop circles and temporarily adhereing them to my Whisper White card with my SNAIL adhesive. I also tore wavy line on a piece of scrap paper, this created a mask so I could create a more defined edge between the sky and the grass. I then sponged Tempting Turquoise ink over the top third of the card. After removing all the scallop circles and rubbing away any left over adhesive with my adhesive remover (just $3.95), I flipped the scrap paper 'hill' over to cover the sky and sponged the remaining white card with my Kiwi Kiss ink.

The Pony has been coloured with my Aqua Painter and the mane, tail and wings have been covered in Dazzling Diamonds.

Materials Used:
Card/ Inks: Colours as above
Aqua Painter
Tempting Turquoise & Whisper White Grosgrain Ribbon
Dimensionals
Large Oval and Scallop Oval Punch
Scallop Circle Punch
Glue Pen
Dazzling Diamonds 

If you would like to create birthday cards or invites, please contact me and I will be happy to assist any way I can. I can even design and produce them for you if you'd prefer!


Thanks for looking,

1 comment:

  1. Richelle - love how you have done this card with the JAI challenge. I am sad to say this is a set 'I just had to have' and have only played with it about 4 times. I think I will get it out today and have a play.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It's always good to receive some feedback on my creations!