Nov 15, 2015

Faux Bokeh Technique

Hi Everyone,

I'm finally sharing some cards we've been making at my monthly classes! These are come a few months ago, yes I know, it's been a long time between inspirational (hopefully) posts! We've been very busy renovating the house and just life in general as this year flies past faster than ever!

For these cards we experimented with the faux bokeh technique. To do this, you sponge and blend 2 or more colours for your background - we did it straight onto whisper white card which was already cut to size. Then I created a template from acetate with my circle punches and another with my star punches - this made the next step really easy! The third step is to sponge white craft ink over the top with the template - this is the circles and stars on each card and each template was slightly larger than our card fronts. Finally, we 'built' our cards, stamped our sentiments and added embellishments.




And just in case you were curious, here's some of the before and in progress photos of the kitchen!

Before....
In progress....
And I've realised I haven't taken another photo since the stone benchtop and glass splashback have been installed and the new paint job - that'll be on the next post! :)

Thanks for looking,
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! It's always good to receive some feedback on my creations!